Position Description: Gather and maintain a range of environmental data, including information trends on product, carbon, water and chemistry from internal and external sources that helps track our progress of sustainability goals; engage and empower employees with tools and information, and work on special projects as needed. Support Sustainability Leader on implementation of environmental initiatives.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the collection, reporting and analysis of environmental data across all EILEEN FISHER departments
2. Work with the various departments and business partners to aggregate environmental metrics to report out and demonstrate progress towards environmental targets.
3. Ensure integrity of environmental data for eventual third-party assurance
4. Streamline and manage data collection. This includes:
a. Supply Chain: Engage with supply chain partners for collection and analysis of data to measure and reduce the environmental footprint across supply chain (energy, water, chemistry, materials and waste) follow up on Higg Index inputs and environmental audits initiated at supply chain level.
b. Materials: Partner with Metrics Team to track seasonal data on eco materials. Partner with Manufacturing to track material efficiencies. Partner with Facilities, Distribution Center and Advertising on packaging and product procurement. Monitor progress and report out on trends and goals.
c. Carbon Emissions and Energy use: Partner with Logistics team to track CO2 emissions from shipments; Partner with Real Estate, Facilities, Accounting Teams and suppliers on energy use and renewable projects.
d. Water: Partner with internal and external stakeholders to track water use and reductions.
5. Connections and Communication:
a. Partner with web and writing team to update environmental reporting data on the web site. Provide key inputs and data coordination for industry questionnaires and data systems (Higg Index, B Corp, Textile Exchange).
b. Partner with Internal Communications, Public Relations, and Social Consciousness teams to monitor and report out on environmental programs that are being initiated by EF employees.
c. Maintain environmental intranet content (articles, data trends and other updates).
6. Attend internal sustainability-related meetings as needed.
7. Work on special projects as assigned, including topical research on business and the environment.
8. Provide regular administrative support to the Sustainability Leader and occasional support to the Social Consciousness team when necessary.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED.
Location: Irvington, NY (flex to work out of NYC as needed)
Work Schedule: Part-Time (appx. 20 hours/week)
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Sustainability Leader
Has Contact With: All departments and external partners
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in Environmental Science or Green MBA preferred.
o Hands-on data management, data analysis experience including Excel and advanced level spreadsheet analytics
o Comfort working on-site in team environment and with global supply chain partners.
o Good working knowledge of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and other global reporting standards
o Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to transform complex analytics into simple metrics and present to groups of people in a clear way; ability to build relationships and rapport with employees & external stakeholders.
o Prior related work experience.
o International work or study experience considered a plus
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Academic Invest